Friday, April 22, 2016

Leonardo DiCaprio

April 22, 2016

You are one of the most manipulative people I have ever known, if our interactions could be called "knowing" someone.  

When I was 18, I decided that I would not be a manipulative person.  I don't know how I realized that I had the ability to be manipulative and that it was an ability that I could develop if that were what I wanted.  I did not want to be someone who thought of people and situations that way, and I have tried all my life not to think or behave that way.

Not being manipulative is more difficult than trying to assess everything according to where weaknesses and pliabilities are, and it sometimes takes a lot of time to achieve goals by avoiding taking unfair advantage of people and situations.  However, it is a kinder, more honest and respectful way to approach the world, and its results tend to endure.

If you have ever questioned why I reacted so negatively toward you from the beginning, you might think about what I'm telling you at this page.  It's in addition to everything else that I have talked about for years, the thousands of words that I have written and spoken about your blatant abuse of me and other people.  I think, though, that I have started realizing over the past few years that this quality of yours, of being manipulative, particularly makes me angry and makes me dislike you in ways that I haven't hated other people as much, even when they did some of the same things that you did.

I'll never love you or be your friend.  Too much has happened for that, and I don't want my social life to be among celebrities.  Sometimes it has helped me when people have told me why they dislike me, which is why I wrote this page about one of your personality traits that I most dislike.  


Copyright L. Kochman, April 22, 2016 @ 8:35 p.m./additions @ 9:49 p.m.