Monday, May 23, 2016

Would you want this man telling you what to do if you had felt upset enough to ask to be in a mental hospital?

May 23, 2016


Someone wrote a message to me today at my current YouTube blog, "The railing is too low at the library."  The name of that blog is about the railing near the children's section of the main location of the Boston Public Library.

He has written to me before at past YouTube blogs.  He always says really abusive things, calling me crazy, screaming that I'm stupid, that I don't realize how sick I am, that I need medication.  He wrote me a lot of messages months ago; I stopped him from writing to those blogs.  Now he's sought me online and is writing to me again.

He said, in past messages, that he works in a psychiatric facility.  He even had some message conversations with other people at my blog, talking about how screwed up they think I am.

I have written before about the low quality of care in mental health facilities, the neglect and emotional abuse to which patients are systematically subjected.  I don't know if people who haven't been in mental health facilities have believed me, and it's difficult to prove since you have to be there to know what it's like.  This person is an online stalker who has sought my blogs to tell me things that he probably also thinks and says to mental patients whom he has a professional obligation to help, who can't say anything or tell anyone about his behavior.  What happens in mental hospitals is that people like this person are the people who are around the patients most of the time; their opinions are treated like medical fact and written in the patients' charts.  Then the doctor spends a few minutes a day with each patient, if that, during which the doctor might or might not tell the patient (usually not) what's being said about the patient by people like this.  Even if a patient does know that he or she is being abused, his or her attempts to tell anyone about it are often used as supposed evidence of the patient's paranoia.  Of course, for the patient to get angry about being treated like this is the most self-imperiling thing the patient can do.

Patients get medicated all the time based on the opinions written in their charts by people like this online stalker.




That's the address of the search results at YouTune for the term "tardive dyskinesia," which is caused by antipsychotic medication.  Although it's not really noticeable, I have had a twitch in one of my arms and also that side of my body since I was in a mental hospital in 2014; the twitch happens a few times a day and was caused by a small dose of medication.  For many people, the neurological problems that they get from antipsychotic medications are much worse.  These are problems that frequently don't go away, even when the medications are stopped.  




That's the address of a report that was written in 1998.  Its title is "Preventing Restraint Deaths."  It seems as if the website for it was created in 2010.  I got it from the first page of results for a Google search of "five point restraint."



That's the address for the Images section of the Google search results for "five point restraint."  I was never put in restraints in a psychiatric facility, but I have been around when people were being put in them.

It's not a coincidence that some of the pictures show children's car seats.  Being a mental patient, or having a psychiatric history, means being treated like a child all your life; a large, dangerous, stupid, annoying, burdensome child who frequently wastes the time of real people who have things to do.

I think that a lot of restraint deaths could be prevented by improving the quality of care in mental hospitals and of the mental health care system.

This is what he wrote to me today:

"Fuck me.  You need meds.  You need help.  You're fucked up in the head.  You're rambling and talking shit.  Get help FFS.  You need it."


The conglomerate knows that I'm not delusional about the things I write and say online.  Also, I have done nothing at all to provoke this person.  

I have written before that I have gotten emotionally abused at every psychiatric facility where I have been a patient since 2010; there are always staff and patients at those places who think it's funny to cough at me and pretend that I'm crazy when I object.

"Chronic mental illness" for most people is nothing more than a lifetime of being abused by people like this.


Copyright, with noted exceptions, L. Kochman, May 23, 2016 @ 10:09 a.m.