Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Donald Trump

May 25, 2016

You are leading candidates of every party for personal insults.

One of the reasons that I never want to run for office is that I don't want to have to behave the way that elected officials should behave all the time.  However, I'd Iike those officials, and the people who run for those offices, to behave according to a high standard.  If you're going to ask for all that power, you ought to prove that you're capable of the most responsible behavior.  Millions of lives depend on the decisions of the person who gets elected to the office for which you are running.  

Would you please consider trying to adhere to a higher standard?  Although I am, and have said that I am, a Democrat, the behavior of all candidates contributes to the tone of the race.  

I don't believe that, when you began your career, you said and did the sorts of things that you're doing now that you have a lot of money.  Showing off money and power, particularly in disrespectful and gratuitously insulting ways; it's vulgar and immodest.  Also, you don't have a reason to deliberately alienate people, even if you disagree with them or really hate them.  There's enough strife in the world; you will never lack for conflict, so there's no reason to create it.

I'm not telling you what to do; I don't have the power to tell you or anyone else what to do.  I'm asking; it's a request.



Copyright L. Kochman, May 26, 2016 @ 12:01 a.m.