Sunday, May 22, 2016

The New York Times

May 22, 2016


Thank you for addressing gun control.  I worry about that, especially because of the hysteria that the conglomerate creates around me and the fact of my being a student.  

It has concerned me that someone could try to shoot me at school and hurt other people also, while trying to do that.

The conglomerate never stops blaming me for something; who knows if someone might decide that I'm guilty of something for which I should be killed?  There are also so many people who have written threatening messages to me online that I can't know when one or more of them will take the threats into places where I am.  It only takes one person making one decision to hurt a lot of people.

It has also happened a few times since I have lived in the Boston area that someone has told me that someone whom he or she knew was shot; what I'm saying is that it has happened a few times that I have asked someone "How are you," and was told "I'm going to a funeral," or "I was at a funeral this week."


Copyright L. Kochman, May 22, 2016 @ 5:54 p.m./additions @ 6:24 p.m.