Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Bunker Hill Community College has done nothing to confront the student who bullied me in Chinese class during the Spring 2016 semester.

July 27, 2016

In April of this year, I began to ask for help from the school getting the student who was bullying me in my Chinese class to stop.

The school's response was to give me a warning for disruption.

The school also seems to have decided not to give the Chinese teacher whom the school had failed to educate about how to deal with harassment situations another teaching contract or to hire her as a real professor instead of an adjunct professor.  She has subsequently lost her visa and has to go back to China.

The school is telling me that it can't identify the student who was the main instigator of the harassment.  After all these months, and all these consequences to OTHER PEOPLE because of his behavior, NOBODY has confronted the student about his behavior toward me or the lies that he told about me, or the fact that his lies about me could have gotten me kicked out of school, even though his behaviors were several violations of the school's code of conduct.

This is a quote from an email that I got today from the administration:

"I contacted (someone who knows who the student is) today and she was unable to identify the student.  I also reviewed the class roster but was unable to identify the student based on your information."

The parentheses are what I wrote around what I know has to be true of the school administrator who I know talked to the student months ago, who accepted all of his lies about me, and who wrote the vicious report that could have gotten me kicked out of school.  

I have also, before today and before I got the email which I have quoted, told the person who wrote me this email that I know what the student looks like, and that I would be able to identify him from his school picture.  I know that the school has access to the pictures that are on the student ID cards, because when I sign into a school computer at many of the computer labs, the picture from my ID card is then shown on the screen.

I have said before that I decided to be a student at that school because it has the academic program that I want.  There's nothing about what the school is called that has code value for me, and I can't stop the conglomerate from trying to victim-blame and lie about me to try to excuse how the conglomerate treats me.  The school had its name before the conglomerate started, and hopefully the conglomerate will soon stop promoting crime.




Copyright, with noted exceptions, L. Kochman, July 27, 2016 @ 5:01 p.m.