Monday, July 25, 2016

I don't encourage people to be sex offenders, and the conglomerate does.

July 25, 2016


I'm sure that I have known a lot of sex offenders.  Many homeless men are registered sex offenders, and I was homeless for 4 years.

Nobody has ever told me that he or she was a sex offender, and I have never asked.  Being homeless makes most homeless people feel ashamed already; there was no reason for me to interrogate people about why they were homeless.

Although I haven't read a lot about sex offender registries, it seems to me that people have to register as sex offenders so that other people are able to make informed choices for their own safety, and not to prevent people who have paid their debt to society from being able to have lives.  

Do I think that someone who committed a sexual crime in the past should have access to everything to which people who have no criminal history have access?  No; there's something to be said for having no criminal history.  

It's easy to judge people who have committed crimes that you have never wanted to commit.  Perhaps I am more fortunate than I knew that I was before the conglomerate began promoting sexual abuse in 2010.  I have never wanted to sexually abuse a minor.  There are other crimes which I can personally understand better than I am able to personally understand wanting to commit a sex crime.  No crimes are good crimes, but there are crimes for which I can emotionally understand the motivations and other crimes for which I can't. 



Copyright L. Kochman, July 25, 2016 @ 9:21 p.m.