Friday, July 28, 2017

Earlier this week, I applied to work at the Dunkin' Donuts that's across the street from the Quincy Center train station.

July 28, 2017

I wanted to try to do some homework at the Quincy library, which is quieter and has fewer homeless men who want to harass me than the libraries that are nearer to the shelter.  

I went to the store that's right across from the station to buy food, but they had a card minimum, so I went to the Dunkin' Donuts that's in the building that has the Social Security office.  There was a sign on the door that said that the Dunkin' Donuts was hiring; there was a phone number to which applicants were asked to text.

I did what I thought was the application, and I was happy to be told from the Internet that I could have an interview that day.  I scheduled the interview and was disappointed that I hadn't really applied to Dunkin' Donuts, I'd only been screened so that they don't have to give the paper applications to anyone who asks for them.  

The standard application that most service jobs ask people to fill out is something for which I have nothing to say that won't prevent me from being hired.  It always wants to know what your last three jobs were and why you're not there.  My truthful answers are:

-Fired for saying that I was being harassed
-Fired for saying that I was being harassed
-Quit because I was being harassed


That's not even to mention that if I write the names and phone numbers for character references, that's exposing people who want to help me to the conglomerate, who will attack them.

I didn't really want to work at Dunkin' Donuts; the uniform and hat are somewhat humiliating and since I have what is probably the typical weakness for junkfood, it probably wouldn't be the healthiest employment for me.  However, I want to be working; I have never wanted to be dependent on welfare.

The conglomerate has ruined my life so miserably that I don't qualify to work anywhere; I couldn't finish the application.  

The conglomerate doesn't care about that; it has my phone hacked and rather than giving me credit for applying for work at all, it has, as I knew it would, attacked me because the Dunkin' Donuts where I applied is on Hancock Street, which is the main road in downtown Quincy.  

I don't have a car.  I have to take public transportation.  That's why I applied where there was a "We're hiring" sign across the street from a train station.  


Copyright L. Kochman, July 28, 2017 @ 7:37 a.m.