Saturday, March 26, 2016

When do I get to have friends?

March 26, 2016


For how many more years is the conglomerate going to invade my privacy, so that my getting to know people means making them vulnerable to the conglomerate's abuses?

I meet people who want to get to know me.  I feel like I can't give them my phone number when they ask for it because as soon as they call me, the conglomerate will get their phone numbers, invade their privacy, publicize their personal lives, and do to them or threaten to do to them everything that it has done to me.

A lot of people whom I have met since I moved to the Boston area from Vermont in 2011 have thought that I didn't want to be friends with them because I wouldn't give them my phone number or my email address or take theirs.  

I always feel bad when I have to give people my phone number or my email address, or when I have to call or email them, because I know that our spoken or written conversations will be observed or even recorded by however many people are invading my privacy, and that the conglomerate will also be able to invade the lives of those people as soon as it knows who they are and has their information.

It's all illegal.  There is no reason for anyone to hack my phone or my email, my bank account or my food stamps card, and there's certainly no reason for the media, corporations and individual people to then publicize the information that they're getting from their illegal invasions of my privacy.  The conglomerate treats me as if I have no rights, and as if everything about me is fodder for its sick amusement, no matter how isolating and destructive that amusement is to me and to everyone around me.


Copyright L. Kochman, March 26, 2016 @ 3:05 p.m.