Wednesday, April 20, 2016

For many people, America was never great.

April 20, 2016

I have not paid a lot of attention to the Presidential race for the past several weeks.  I am overwhelmed by my problems.

However, it seems to me that most of what constitutes the American continents has lived in turmoil since those continents began to be called "American."  Democracy is not really established anywhere in the world, and never was.  

Having not consistently followed Mr. Trump's campaign, I can't know what he means by promising to "Make America Great Again," or which time in American history he is trying to invoke.  Although things have fluctuated to some extent for white men in the United States since their arrival at this side of the world, the quality of life for all humans other than white men has never attained the level of the general quality of life for white men at its lowest level.  


Copyright L. Kochman, April 20, 2016 @ 5:44 a.m.