Tuesday, February 16, 2016

There are people at the shelter whom I'd like to be able to talk to, after I get housing.

February 16, 2016

I feel like I can't because I have no privacy.

My phone has no privacy.  My bank account has no privacy.  People follow me in their cars and abuse me online.

I have never given anyone whom I met at a shelter my phone number, not once in all four of the past five years that I've been homeless.  I never text, talk on the phone or email with any of the homeless people with whom I'm friendly.  I know that if I did, it would negatively change their lives for the rest of their lives, because the conglomerate would invade their privacy and publicize everything that we ever said to each other.

The conglomerate has forced me into this isolation; then, having destroyed all of my chances to have a normal social life, it hovers over me, looking for anything that it thinks it can use to accuse me of trying to date or "con" a celebrity.


Copyright L. Kochman, February 16, 2016 @ 5:34 p.m.