Thursday, August 25, 2016

I can't.

August 26, 2016


I'm not sure why I stopped being able to read and write about Rolling Stone and the University of Virginia several weeks ago.  It's emotionally difficult to read and write about things like that anyway, and I got to the end of what I was able to deal with.

I have questions, but I feel like I can't read about it any more, so they continue to be questions and maybe someone else can read to get the answers.

Weren't there two suicides of male students after the Rolling Stone article was published?  Did either of them ever rush or get hazed by a fraternity?

The two other sexual assaults at Phi Kappa Psi, which various people, who have tried to discredit the Rolling Stone article, said never happened; were those connected to the suicides?  

Teresa Sullivan issued another statement after the Charlottesville Police Department's statement.  Her statement said that the police statement showed what the school was prevented from saying before the police statement, which was that the school's records showed that the school had tried to help rape victims.  My question is about the truth of her statement.  I read that police statement over and over since it was published last year.  One of the first things about it that seemed suspicious to me was the use of the words "may have been relevant."  That was how the police statement described records that the University of Virginia did not disclose to the police and also the financial records of Drew.  The police statement did not say whether or not the police subpoenaed records from the University of Virginia; I think the police probably didn't.  My question is if the school has (or had) records confirming and corroborating sexual assault which the school did not address, and if the school has (or had) records about why Drew was an undergraduate and a fraternity member in 2006 and then a junior in 2012.  My question is if President Sullivan understood that "may have been relevant" meant proof of guilt, and if the statement that she issued after the police statement was published was her attempt to be misleading about the school records that the police didn't really want to investigate.  

There are probably police departments all over the United States that don't investigate rape committed by college students, or that lie to protect those students and the schools that don't discourage rape culture.  


After writing all of that at this page, I did a Google search so that I wasn't getting a fact wrong.  I had gotten something wrong; there were at least 3 suicides at the University of Virginia.  One of them was a lifeguard.  I don't think he could be Drew, but was he involved, or was he bullied?  




Copyright L. Kochman, August 26, 2016 @ 1:35 a.m./I'll publish my preliminary page and similar pages the next time that I write.