Thursday, May 25, 2017

Maybe Democrats should be thinking about the 2020 election.

May 25, 2017

I have already said that I'm a Democrat, so this isn't scolding from a Republican.

If you want to campaign in a country where silent, helpless resentment among President Trump's supporters has increased year after year, because of how he's being treated, you're doing the right things.  I am sure that those people feel voiceless and battered, and that the President being bullied by the media and the entertainment industry is creating a sympathy for him that a terminal illness couldn't.  

You really don't get it, do you?  They want to feel proud of the United States.  That's why they elected him.  You can stop treating him as if he's stupid; you really should, and you should do what you can to stop the frenzy of ridicule by people, such as the media and the entertainment industry, who are taking no responsibility for how their barrage of snide, self-congratulatory quips is affecting the country's mood and its world reputation.  

I feel there's no reason not to say this again; you can disagree with people without personal attacks, hyperbole, or exploiting media-manipulated crowd sentiment.  

"I disagree with you, and this is why," and then you say why.  That's how you should be approaching people with whom you disagree.  That's what you should be saying every day and all day, if you really disagree.  You are professional politicians.  


Even if President Trump has to resign, his being bullied before and during his Presidency will make people who really wanted him to be elected think that the resignation is a set-up.  

You don't have to like him; you need to respect him.  


Copyright L. Kochman, May 25, 2017 @ 9:58 p.m./It is upsetting that this is what time it was when I published the page and thought I had said all that I had to say.  That's the level at which people of adult age have behaved for 7 years; I'm sure that there will be people who will bypass everything that I wrote at this page, who will minimize me and what I said to 3 numbers and some punctuation.  Even my discussion of this copyright time will be used by those people to accuse me for not having other discussions like it at other pages.