Saturday, July 29, 2017

My Chinese workbook pages from last year

July 29, 2017

We were only assigned to copy a couple of lines of each character.  

"Stroke order" is the order in which each Chinese character is formed.  A lot of the characters have the same lines, and the alterations from one character to the next change the meanings of the characters.  That's not totally unlike the writing of English letters, except that there's no connection between the written character and the sound of the character in Chinese the way that there is for the English alphabet.

How to write "a" in English:


1.




2.








How to write "b" in English:


1.






2.





There are no equivalents of "a" and "b" in Chinese; the written language isn't based on an alphabet whose characters are written in various combinations to form sounds.  Each character is a word, and you just have to know how to say it.  

This is a picture of part of a website that I accessed from my phone a lot last year:




I couldn't help what the website is called, and I couldn't help that some of the people who hacked my phone thought that it was funny to watch me read about "stroke order."


These are also pictures of part of a page from that website:

















These are pictures of the written workbook pages that I did last year.  
I took the pictures on the floor outside the storage unit which has my furniture and other things; there was nowhere else for me to take them.  

I don't attend class to flirt with people or harass people, and I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG LAST YEAR OR THIS YEAR!

































































Copyright, with noted exceptions, L. Kochman, July 29, 2017 @ 11:20 a.m.