Thursday, July 27, 2017

The building that said it had accepted my application for an apartment just called me.

July 27, 2017


"There was a transmittal error when we first responded to the program that had sent us your application; we denied your application."  


I was called by the Cambridge Inclusionary Housing Program on Monday morning of this week and told that my application was accepted.

I visited the apartment on Tuesday and was given a tour of the building by someone who works there.  At the end of the tour, I told that person that I would take the apartment.  I also said "I've been victimized by voyeurism twice in a row in previous apartments; please tell your maintenance staff not to install hidden, illegal cameras in this apartment, and that they CANNOT treat a tenant that way."  He said he would talk to his manager about it.

Yesterday, I did all of the paperwork that the Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership and the Cambridge Inclusionary Housing Program needed for me to do to schedule an inspection.  A moving date of August 10, 2017 was set.

Today, someone else from the building called me and told me that my application was denied.


Copyright L. Kochman, July 27, 2017 @ 4:45 p.m.