Sunday, July 23, 2017

The male employee at the front desk at the Pine Street Inn just tried to refuse to give me a ticket for the bed lottery.

July 23, 2017


There were three employees there.  One of them said "Give her a ticket" while also telling him "You're right."  Then the other employee at the front desk said "You know when the lottery starts. It starts at 3:45 p.m."

I was at the shelter 15 minutes before the lottery started.  I let everyone who walked into the shelter after me be before me, and all of the staffpeople had all seen that.  

The supervisor who is working tonight is the supervisor who first allowed a female guest who was a felon who had committed armed bank robbery to stalk and harass me around the shelter in 2014 and then had enabled a male employee to stalk and harass me around the shelter in 2015.  Both times, that supervisor had screamed at me when I had asked for help.  

I don't know if they know that retaliating against someone for reporting being harassed is illegal.  

I do know that this is a place where good employees are mistreated by bad employees until they obtain other employment somewhere that they are appreciated and paid what they're worth.

It's not the director's fault; it is not difficult for really mean people who lie to convince a good person that they're telling the truth.    

Copyright L. Kochman, July 23, 2017 @ 3:49 p.m.