Monday, July 31, 2017

There's nothing really wrong with this ambition.

July 31, 2017






That's a picture of part of this article:




I'm glad that someone who is financially successful for modeling at a young age wants to do something that is culturally substantial with her time.  

The reason that I have mixed feelings about her ambition to do professional theater now is that, if she is cast, she will be cast instead of so many people who are also her age and who have really worked at being actors; people who went to school for it, who are burdened by debt, who are working in restaurants and other employment so they can pay their bills while they try to maintain and increase their acting ability.  

The performing arts aren't supposed to be about showcasing, even if what you're trying to prove is that you're a real actor.  Real actors appreciate real writing.  

I also don't need people to put my name in movies.  I don't want to be famous.


I don't choose excerpts or supporting information for code purposes.

Copyright, with noted exceptions, L. Kochman, July 31, 2017 @ 7:39 a.m./addition @ 4:11 p.m.