Monday, August 21, 2017

A lot of people don't know what Jews are like.

August 21, 2017




That's a picture of part of this article about Charlottesville:




They are right in a way; Jews won't be replacing anyone.  Too many of us were murdered in the last century for us to successfully plot a world takeover.  I have to say, also, that there was no gathering of Jewish people that I ever attended growing up or at any other time in my life at which world dominance was a topic of discussion.  Topics of discussion tended to be:

Food

Politics:  (I don't know if quotes are the correct punctuation for eyerolls.)

What people's kids are doing:  "That's fantastic!"  "I'm sorry."

Whatever might be funny


Money was never discussed; sometimes business was, although frequently it wasn't, for reasons of confidentiality and also because people wanted to have fun and not talk about work the entire time.  When I say "Money was never discussed," I mean that conversations did not revolve around how much money people were making or what they paid for this or that or anything else that could be construed as spectacularly vulgar or as bragging.  It was sometimes discussed in terms of its effects on the world and people's lives, for good or bad, like politics.  

Is that not like what normal groups of people who are not Jewish talk about?  

I also feel that the question of innocence isn't always one-dimensional.  I don't think that the young people who are recruited to commit terrorist acts by violent Muslim groups are being influenced by real religion; I think that they are being manipulated by older people who are greedy for power, who have no conscience, and who are exploiting religion and using it as an excuse to send impressionable people to their deaths or to life in prison under the pretense that their behavior is approved by G-d.

I think that white supremacist groups also manipulate and lie to younger people.

If our public school system everywhere had enough money, if it were consistently organized, capable and safe, if our government had treated the education of children and teenagers as if it mattered for the past several decades, I think there would be far fewer young people who don't know anything about history.  The average, fascist wannabe wouldn't be able to manipulate them and to make them think stupid and violent things.  





That's the address for an article called "Media Violence."  


Copyright, with noted exceptions, L. Kochman, August 21, 2017 @ 8:50 a.m./No code, all policies operative, all the time.  I'll publish my preliminary page and similar pages again.