Friday, May 27, 2016

Ben Affleck

May 27, 2016

You can't argue with "You're too tall for me."  That's one of the reasons that I said it, in addition to it being true.  I don't like it when a man looms over me, which you always would.  

I suppose that there are all sorts of things that you could try to change about yourself; your height isn't one of them.  

TAKE THE HINT.

GET THE MESSAGE.

I have tried everything.  I thought "too tall" had to be the answer; please, I am NOT INTERESTED in dating you.

It is churlish to harass someone for any reason; making someone's life more difficult because she DOESN'T WANT TO DATE YOU is particularly churlish.

Enough, already.  Stop.

Do you want your daughters to accept being treated by boys and then men the way that you and your friends have treated me?  What sort of person do you want your son to be when he's a teenager and then an adult?

You have almost no time left before your older daughter will be a teenager.  Once children are teenagers, the parental relationships that their parents did or didn't build with them are put to tests that can divide families forever, that can lead to the sort of heartbreak and regret that you have never had in your life, no matter what you think you know of pain and sadness from anything that has happened before.  

How are you going to spend these last years of being a father to children in childhood and adolesence rather than adulthood; chasing someone who DOES NOT want you, or being a father whom your children will want to know and talk to when they are adults?  THEY are your family; I'm just someone that you like to project all your problems onto, I think, whether it's love that you don't know how to give to other people or boredom or anger or whatever else it is.  

Every second that you waste on me is a rejection of the people who love you and who need your love.  You have probably never thought of it that way; like so many people who have never had anything really bad happen to them, you treat the time that you have to be alive as if it is infinite.  






Copyright L. Kochman, May 27, 2016 @ 6:15 p.m.