Sunday, June 26, 2016

Why criticizing the Russian government is not like criticizing the American government

June 26, 2016


President Obama and his staff have persecuted me full-time since 2010.  There's a lot of money and publicity in doing that; the entertainment industry and its subsidiary industries hate me, and the misogynist, crime-promoting media and corporations are never happier than when the government is encouraging their orgy of lewd, violating, hateful ridicule. 

President Obama seems to have decided to persecute me for the remainder of his time in office, and it is probable that his successor, Democrat or Republican, will be subject to a lot of pressure to do the same.  My future is bleak for a law-abiding American citizen; I am unofficially on a form of permanent, combined house arrest and global, virtual and tangible pillory.

However, this continues to be the United States.  As miserable as the establishment wants to make my life, my most serious risks of death are from the rape and murder which the conglomerate will eventually convince one or more people in the public to commit, and suicide.  I don't think that I'm at risk of secret police knocking at my door and taking me somewhere to assist me in having a tragic accident or an unexpected and fatal health problem.  

It has always seemed to me that Russia's granting of asylum to Edward Snowden has political, rather than ideological, motives.  While Edward Snowden lives in Russia, unable to resume his residency in his place of birth, he is an exploitable symbol for the Russian government, which has a less than impeccable track record for human rights and a history of surveillance of its citizens.  

"We are home to an international symbol of freedom" is all that Russia has to say to the United States, while Russia passes law after law for totalitarian control over its territories and the United States implodes as a democracy.  If Edward Snowden objects, it seems to me that it is not improbable that the most he'll be able to hope for is that his asylum gets revoked.  He's never been safe in Russia, which he undoubtedly knows.



Copyright L. Kochman, June 26, 2016 @ 9:41 p.m.