Friday, May 26, 2017

Someone thought this was funny?

May 26, 2017











Some people walked up behind me when I was taking the last picture.  There was a very loud, male cough.

I moved out of the way and turned around.  The man who had coughed was the father in a family.  He was holding a little girl who had her head on his shoulder.

When they started to walk away, I said "You shouldn't cough so loudly next to your child's ear; you could puncture her ear drum."

He stopped walking and said, "Excuse me?"  I said again what I had said.  He walked toward me in a menacing way, as if he were going to physically threaten me while holding his young daughter.  As soon as he started to walk toward me, began to plead with him to leave me alone.  She was still pleading with him when he said, from less than a foot away from me "You're fucking ridiculous."  Then they left.

A few minutes later, two male security guards walked into the area, with walkie talkies.  One of them started coughing, and then he walked past me, rubbing his nose.

I've writing this page since this incident happened.  Before the security guards, I had already thought of writing about the man's behavior, particularly because he wife seemed so instantly terrified that he would start a fight with me.  There have to be security cameras that saw everything that happened; I hope that the man is identified and that the police and other people where he lives have awareness of whether or not he abuses his family or anyone else.

Also, I'd rather not be stalked and harassed by security guards, particularly when I've just been harassed by a stranger.  

Copyright L. Kochman, May 26, 2017 @ 9:28 p.m.