Monday, May 22, 2017

A book about health care in Haiti

May 22, 2017



I started reading this book when I was at a crisis stabilization unit a couple of weeks ago.  It was from the bookshelf there; I asked if I could have it when I left.

I haven't finished it.  I left the unit thinking that I'd publish a page about it, but I didn't feel like having to address code accusations from the conglomerate.  I'd rather never have to have code accusations thrown at me.

These are pictures of some of the book:




Page 175




Page 181

I left the crisis unit thinking that everyone should read this book, and probably everyone should.  The book was published in 2003.  I wasn't surprised to read that there are health problems in poor countries, even epidemics, that don't have to be written off as financially untreatable or unpreventable.  

Could Partners In Health please not publish more pictures like this at the Partners In Health website?




You don't even need to know about the conglomerate to know that picture is not all right.  The colors don't improve it.




Copyright, with noted exceptions, L. Kochman, May 22, 2017 @ 7:45 p.m.