Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Documenting online abuse

February 17, 2016

I have taken pictures of messages that online abusers have sent me at YouTube, and published them at written blogs, and then erased the messages at my YouTube blogs and individually stopped the abusers from writing to me, because I want to document their behavior without engaging with them.

I don't know how more abusers are able to write to me every day at "Lena Kochman Boston," "Please don't kill me," and "The railing is too low at the library."  I have set the settings at those YouTube blogs so that nobody should be able to write to them; it could be that nobody at YouTube can stop all messages from getting sent to his or her channel.  

That I can't publish pictures at this Blogger, written blog is going to make the process of safely documenting online abuse much more difficult and less safe.  If I just erase the messages when they're written, there's no public record that the messages were sent to me.

The conglomerate should know and not be able to deny what its treatment of me is causing.


Copyright L. Kochman, February 17, 2016 @ 12:40 p.m.