Saturday, February 27, 2016

When I bought my "Surface" tablet, I was living in the apartment from which I was eventually evicted.

February 27, 2016

I bought it so that I could try to show videos in court of my being stalked in the apartment development where I was living.  I never did make that presentation; instead, I signed an agreement saying that I would move out within three months.  Ultimately, concerns about the conglomerate interpreting everywhere that I might try to live as having a code meaning contributed to my not being able to get a place to live within that timeframe, and I was evicted for failing to get out in three months.  The landlord had started the eviction case against me by saying that I was paranoid and therefore dangerous; it specifically mentioned my asking if there were hidden cameras in the apartment as a reason to evict me in its first eviction letter to me.  One of the subsequent eviction notices was put under my door on the evening of the only time that I ever swam in the development's outdoor pool.  I hadn't peed in it; maybe I should have.

The month that I bought the tablet, it cost enough that I had to go to a food pantry for food.

I have had a difficult time trying to get all the work finished for my classes.  The only class for which I have consistently been unable to finish the work on time is my writing class.  My other classes are book-dependent; if I have the books, which I have to carry around with me all day if I'm going to study from them, I can do the work.  The writing class is computer-dependent.  The tablet doesn't work well enough for me to be able to write the papers.  In addition to the Internet service being unreliable, the keyboard is awful.

The library at Bunker Hill Community College closes at 4:00 p.m. on the weekends.  It's open until 10:00 p.m. from Monday through Thursday and until 8:00 p.m. on Friday.  I tried to study there a few times.  If I was there at night, I didn't get harassed, but I did get harassed frequently if I went during the day.

I don't know if I'll fail this class because I can't write the papers. 

The conglomerate has prevented me from having equal opportunity access to education, to work, to housing, to a social life, to everything except hell.

By the way, hell is not as warm as people think it is.  Everyone who has ever been homeless in the winter could tell you that.



Copyright L. Kochman, February 27, 2016 @ 4:54 p.m.