Sunday, September 17, 2017

Flummoxed

September 17, 2017

I don't know what to do about the abrupt dismissal of my report about Bunker Hill Community College from the Office for Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Education.  

I don't know whom to contact to discuss what the letter of dismissal said; I was given no information about whom to call or email other than the person who wrote it, with whose opinion I obviously disagree.

It is as true that I was disruptive in class and harassed people at school as it is that there weren't hidden, illegal cameras in both of my last two apartments.  I was the target, not the perpetrator, and my attempts to have my rights respected resulted in my being called a liar.

I was entirely clear to the Office for Civil Rights that I wasn't trying to get a financial settlement from the school and that I wasn't trying to get anyone fired, and that what I wanted was to have the five false charges about my behavior removed from my school record and to finish the four classes for which the school's retaliatory suspension of me automatically gave me four Fs for final grades, ruining the 3.9 grade point average that I'd had from the Spring 2016 semester.  I had almost perfect grades for the Spring 2016 semester, even though I was homeless for the first several weeks of school and then victimized by voyeurism as soon as I moved to the apartment from which I was eventually forced to move because I said that the voyeurism was happening.  I would have had a 4.0 grade point average for the Spring 2016 semester if I hadn't had to spend the last month of it being harassed and then being accused of being the problem when I reported being harassed.  I also would have had a 4.0 grade point average for the Spring 2017 semester if I hadn't spent the semester futilely fighting false counteraccusations of being a disruptive liar for saying that my apartment had hidden, illegal cameras in it.  

Unless the school charges me for all of the classes for which it has given me Fs even though I had A averages for three of them and was supposed to be able to finish the fourth by the end of the summer and for which I probably also would have had an A, I will eventually have paid the school more than $1200 for the privilege of being harassed, lied about, and treated like a criminal, by the time that I have paid for the class from the Summer 2017 semester for which it is charging me more than $600.  I had already paid the school more than $600 for a Summer 2016 semester class from which I voluntarily withdrew because I felt too vulnerable to harassment to be at school.  If the school decides to charge me for all of the classes which it has forced me to fail, I will have to pay the school thousands of dollars.

I don't know what to do.  The school's vicious attack on my academic record has destroyed my grade point average, which means that I won't be able to transfer to another school.  The school's lies about my behavior have portrayed me as a dangerous and dishonest person.  

The lack of concern from the Office for Civil Rights is what could be anticipated from all of the past situations in which agencies that are supposed to protect people's rights dismally failed.  The failure by the Office for Civil Rights also makes me more vulnerable to the conglomerate's attacks, which will exploit it to say that I deserve to be abused, although it's the conglomerate's abuse of me that causes me to be victimized by voyeurism and harassment.