Thursday, March 30, 2017

Edward Snowden

March 31, 2017

You Tweeted this:






I think you should know:








Those are pictures of a page for which this is the address:



This is the address for the first page of results for "Knight Ridder":





I'm sure that you didn't know anything about Knight Ridder's nefarious past.  They're not the only organization that has pro-Nazi antecedents.  The Holocaust couldn't have happened if anti-Semitism weren't part of life everywhere for hundreds of years before it.

Hitler didn't brainwash people by himself, and he didn't entirely brainwash them.  He manipulated the worst of human nature.  It's what the conglomerate has done since 2010.

I don't know if you believe how corrupt the New York Times and many other media corporations are.  They launched an assault on society that has raged for 7 years.  They are hacking my phone.  They are watching me in my home.  They will gloatingly watch me be evicted, rather than to inform anyone who can stop the eviction that I'm telling the truth about the hidden, illegal cameras in my apartment.  Nobody other than the media knows how much the media is criminally invading the privacy of whomever it wants to dominate; other than publicizing its abuse of me, the media isn't telling the public about the media's criminal violations of people's privacy.

I'm not saying that every journalist is corrupt, or even that every journalist who works for or contributes to the New York Times is corrupt.  I also don't want the New York Times to file for bankruptcy; I want it to stop being corrupt.  

I don't know anything about the Knight Foundation, and nobody should be judged only on the basis of his or her ancestors, for good or for bad.  I hope that you will be discerning about the role of media in society; I think you need to have some of your idealism tempered.  Media can be a powerful force for evil; that is historically indisputable.

That being said, and as disgusting as the media situation is, a free press is a necessity for a free society.  Although, a few months ago, I mentioned the thought of legislation to curb the media's abuse of free speech rights, it was one of the most painful pages that I have ever written.  I hope that the media will acknowledge that it is out of control and that it will stop being destructive without being coerced.

I also think that directly confronting the media with legislation is what President Trump will do only if he wants the media world everywhere to explode into attacks on his administration that will obliterate every other issue.  The government will be stymied at every turn, even for unrelated issues.  Nobody will hear anything that anyone says about anything else; the country will be where it was weeks after he was elected, or worse.  Although the media is coercive and is also repressive of other people's free speech, to which it frequently responds with every tactic from sexual harassment to death threats, and although it is very influential, it is not as directly powerful as the federal government.  Since that's the case, and since power needs to be used as sparingly as possible, and violence not at all if possible, I can't punch anyone at the New York Times right in the bleeping face, and the government can't tell the media to shut up other than in so many words.  

I am free, both legally and by dint of my less-than-technically-prestigious place in society, to yell at the New York Times every day.  A lot of people would be yelling at the media if they knew what's been happening since 2010.  The most powerful people can't really do that without risking abusing their power; they have to treat the media as if the media were always capable of thinking and behaving appropriately, even when the media is trying to prove that it isn't capable of anything.  

I hope that the people who helped you will be granted asylum.  The media should help those people, but it's publishing almost nothing about them.  

It is, unfortunately, 2:14 a.m.  I'm going to be evicted on Monday.



Copyright, with noted exceptions, L. Kochman @ 2:15 a.m./No code, all policies operative, all the time.  I'll publish my preliminary page and similar pages again.