Saturday, March 25, 2017

Somebody please tell the lawyers for the property management that there are hidden, illegal cameras in my apartment.

March 25, 2017

The police DID NOT FIND the hidden, illegal cameras in my apartment during their investigation several weeks ago, but the media is one of a lot of groups that know that the voyeurism isn't a false accusation.

The police department doesn't have even one electronic detector for cameras; that's what the police officer told me.  How many American police departments automatically don't believe allegations of voyeurism and how many of them don't conduct real investigations, assuming instead that the victims are paranoid and delusional?

Almost EVERYONE whom I have asked for help in the Boston area thinks that I'm paranoid and delusional; even people who like me think that I'm paranoid and delusional about this problem.  NOBODY is helping to precisely locate and remove the cameras, and I'M GOING TO LOSE THE APARTMENT.

The only person in the Boston area who has said that he believes me is the police officer who was one of the investigators.  He had the decency to sound embarrassed when he told me over the phone "We believe you; we just can't find the evidence," a few weeks after the investigation, but neither he nor anyone else at the police station has done anything else to locate the cameras or even to answer my subsequent emails, which were neither rude nor prolific.  

I live at the juncture of victim-blaming and minimization, between people who know I'm telling the truth but who think that I deserve what's happening to me, and people who like me as a person but who don't believe that the cameras are in the apartment.  

Would somebody like to tell me what he or she thinks I should have said or done to avoid being the victim of this crime in two apartments in a row, not even to mention in homeless shelters, psychiatric units, gyms, and everywhere else that it's happened?  What about how I have reported it this time, and everything that I have said and done to ask people to remove the cameras from the apartment, since I knew that nobody would believe me or help me?  I never tried to report any instance of voyeurism, anywhere, to the police before I was sent a Nonrenewal of Lease letter for this apartment on January 5, 2017.  I was sent that letter after I had told the property management's lawyers that it's not a false accusation and that I wouldn't stop talking about it.  That's not to say that I have never asked for anyone's help about being victimized by voyeurism; I have asked a lot of people for help, for years, and NOBODY has helped me, which is why it hasn't stopped happening to me.  

I didn't tell anyone to install hidden, illegal cameras anywhere that I have lived; the conglomerate told people to do that, and has blamed me when they did.  I have said and done everything that I could do to stop voyeurism from happening to me.  I am specifically targeted for it; the conglomerate HAS TOLD THE WORLD TO VICTIMIZE ME.

Do you know what it's like to ask for help, knowing that not only won't you be helped, you'll be condescended to and treated as if you're the problem?  Do you know what it's like not to ask for help because you know that nobody will help you, and then to be treated suspiciously because you didn't tell anyone sooner? 

The conglomerate is LAUGHING at me for losing this apartment.  I don't care and never have cared about the conglomerate's opinion, because the conglomerate doesn't care and never has cared that I have rights.  



Copyright L. Kochman, March 25, 2017 @ 5:05 p.m.