Saturday, March 11, 2017

I don't know what to tell people who want to help me what to do.

March 11, 2017

I know that the law firm for the property management of this apartment is reading this blog.  However, I don't know if the law firm will insist that the only acceptable proof that there are hidden, illegal cameras in the apartment would be for the police to locate the cameras, remove them and document that the cameras were in the apartment.  The police already investigated, and didn't do that, so it's almost worse for me that I ever talked to them, which I knew it probably would be.  The police not having found the cameras is court-admissible "evidence" that there are no cameras, even though there are. I have no case in court; I will be evicted.  

I also don't want to be famous; conspicuous publications by other people saying things like "THERE ARE HIDDEN, ILLEGAL CAMERAS IN LENA'S APARTMENT" won't help to prevent my fame.  

There is also the question of the dangers that follow me everywhere.  Nobody wants to have a tenant who has stalkers, whose phone and email are hacked, or who otherwise has a lot of negative attention.  Whether or not the law firm for the property management, or everyone at the property management, believes that there are cameras in the apartment, since the property management has other motivations for wanting me to leave besides my saying that the cameras are there, my failure to provide tangible evidence that the cameras are in the apartment can be used by the law firm to evict me.  

Also; it IS a serious crime for the hidden, illegal cameras to be in my apartment.  The conglomerate hasn't treated it as if it's a crime; the conglomerate has victim-blamed me for it.  For me to say that I've been criminally victimized by illegal voyeurism for the year that I have lived in this apartment, inflicted by someone who works at the building, is a serious allegation.  It's a crime for which the person who did it could be arrested.  It's a violation of my rights for which the owners of the building could be sued.  They have every material reason to want to deny the allegation and for me to have to leave, and the worse it is for me in court, the better it is for them.  The judge was totally hostile to me at the pre-trial conference.  Whether or not he is the judge again for the jury trial, which I can't know, I have no case without evidence and I'M GOING TO BE EVICTED, unless the property management decides spontaneously to drop the case and renew my lease, which they've done and said nothing to indicate that they will do.  


Copyright L. Kochman, March 11, 2017 @ 6:40 p.m.