Tuesday, March 21, 2017

An unintentional group effort

March 21, 2017


The people who don't believe what I'm saying about my apartment and the people who know that it's true but who think I deserve to be homeless are going to make me homeless.  

The almighty dollar, which I don't have, has spoken.  My poverty, of which I am not ashamed, and the implacable stigma of mental illness, of which society should be ashamed, never stop making me vulnerable to abuse, gaslighting, lies, and the destabilization of every positive and productive thing I do.  It is very difficult to be a homeless college student, which I will be before the end of this month.  

A maintenance person who knows, probably from the many Internet DIY videos about it, how to install hidden, illegal cameras in someone's apartment, is defeating all of the following:

-me

-his supervisor, who had nothing to do with the cameras being installed in my apartment and who believes what he's telling her.

-the property management's law firm, which is representing the property management for this eviction from the premise that there are no cameras in the apartment, and in so doing is increasing the property management's injuries against me in this de facto retaliation for my reporting being the victim of the crime of voyeurism in my home for more than a year.

-the police department, which conducted as much of an investigation as I guess the police usually do for reports of voyeurism, which yielded no evidence other than the audio and video of the police walking around my apartment for a few minutes and then condescending to me for half an hour.  Somebody has that audio/video, and probably thinks it's amusing, which it horribly is.  

-the legal services for poor people, who refused to represent me because the police provided no evidence that the cameras are in my apartment and because I wouldn't relinquish the only right that's not yet being impaired by my being persecuted; the right to free speech that I'm accessing by blogging about what's happening.


How many other crimes are being committed every day, in the United States and everywhere else, because the legal systems' awareness and the law enforcement agencies' technogical capacities are antiquated?  



Copyright L. Kochman, March 21, 2017 @ 12:50 p.m.