Saturday, March 11, 2017

It wasn't until I called the Board of Health that the property management of Braintree Village fixed the bathroom sink.

March 11, 2017

This is a picture of the letter from the Board of Health:




Because the property management was saying that I was crazy and that I should be evicted, it didn't respond to my requests that the issues be addressed until ordered to fix them by the Board of Health.    

The Board of Health meant "bathroom sink," not "bathroom tub."  It was fixed after this letter was written, but I had a bathroom sink that took an hour or more to drain for 7 months.  This was seen by the hidden, illegal cameras in the bathroom, which were probably hidden there by one of the maintenance people, so it's not as if maintenance didn't know the sink was clogged.  



Copyright, with noted exceptions, L. Kochman, March 11, 2017 @ 3:50 p.m.