Friday, March 10, 2017

How I was permanently fired by an employer I'd had for 15 years

March 10, 2017




That's a picture of the March 1, 2016 letter from the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, telling me that someone who wants to blatantly lie that I slapped a car dealer can destroy 15 years of work.  

I endured being harassed EVERY DAY that I worked between 2010 and 2015, and never slapped anyone, no matter how much I felt like it.  


This is part of the statement that I wrote for Labor Ready before I was fired.  I also included it in my report to the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission, which first denied me a hearing, which I had to appeal to obtain, and then ruled that I had no case. 

What I described in these pages wasn't even the incident or at the location where I was lied about as having slapped a dealer.  I didn't even slap this guy, who had his hands all over me, who called me a liar for saying he had touched me, and because of whom I was told that I could never work at that location again, and that I had to leave the property on foot and find my own way back to Boston.  






When I was finally fired by Labor Ready, the manager who fired me said "You have made allegations of harassment before," as a reason for firing me.  I had made allegations of harassment before, because I was harassed EVERY DAY that I worked for Labor Ready from 2012 to 2014.  I was never harassed while working for that business during any of the years that I was a Labor Ready employee before the conglomerate formed in 2010 and began to promote every sexual crime there is.

All I had asked of the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission was that I get my job back.  

Every day that I worked for Labor Ready from 2012 to 2014, I was homeless.  There's no truth at all to the idea that I want to be a welfare recipient who does nothing with my time.  To work for Labor Ready, you have to be at one of their offices at 5:30 a.m.  You are paid minimum wage.  


Copyright, with noted exceptions, L. Kochman, March 10, 2017 @ 9:08 p.m./additions @ 9:48 p.m.