Friday, October 28, 2016

My impression of Emily Renda is that she's a nice person.

October 28, 2016


Ms. Erdely was more discerning about several people whom she was able to interview for the article than they knew she would be; all of them now have a personal interest in making her pay for her objectivity in the court of public opinion.  

I also think that it ought to be obvious to everyone that the University of Virginia was, and is planning to continue to be, villainous with or without Ms. Eramo.  

I think that people should stop attacking Jackie; particularly the older adults need to stop blaming her to get out of their predicament.  


These are my thoughts today about the University of Virginia and Rolling Stone.  

I think that my stress levels are high enough, about my situation, the conglomerate and this case, that it could be that I should respect how upset I am and try to leave things to the professionals, at least for the weekend.  

Before I try to do that, I want to quote the Rolling Stone article:

"S. Daniel Carter, who as former director of public policy for the advocacy group Clery Center for Security on Campus is a national expert on college safety, points out that UVA's sexual assault problems are not much worse than other schools; if anything, he says, the depressing reality is that UVA's situation is likely the norm.  Decades of awareness programming haven't budged the prevalence of campus rape:  One in five women is sexually assaulted in college, though only about 12 percent report it to police."






Copyright L. Kochman, October 28, 2016 @ 5:54 p.m./edited @ 8:23 p.m.