Thursday, April 20, 2017

My execution outfit

April 20, 2017

There are times in a woman's life when she knows that all eyes will be upon her.  That's when she feels the obligation to select clothing that will meet her particular needs and also convey to her audience that she understands the occasion.  

I don't know where to begin.  I suppose the first thing to think about is locale; will it be Russia or Iran, or somewhere else?  Since they probably won't involve me in the planning, I should probably be ready for anything, and so I can't help thinking "Layers."  

I have a lot to do about my housing, and imminent lack thereof, and I also have a lot of homework, so I think that I should concentrate tonight on the substance of the outfit.  This is also a perplexing problem for which balance seems the answer, but what is the fulcrum between morbidity and insouciance, or is that the wrong spectrum altogether?  

I suppose that I could throw caution to the wind, wearing jeans and a t-shirt that says "YODO," for "You Only Die Once."  Is that too Star Warsy?  Is it not Star Warsy enough?  How would Yoda say it?  "Once Only You Die"?  I don't think the acronym for that would work.  Also, what shoes could I wear that wouldn't detract from the shirt?



Copyright L. Kochman, April 20, 2017 @ 11:52 p.m.