Sunday, April 30, 2017

I love my apartment.

April 30, 2017

All I asked was that the cameras be removed.

Maybe not everyone who isn't telling the property management's lawyers that the voyeurism isn't a false accusation realizes that this is a really nice apartment. People who aren't millionaires will understand my saying:

-Although I have to pay all of the utilities, the building is energy-efficient, which is unusual for the Boston area.  I haven't had problems paying my utilities, even in the winter.

-There are a washer and drier in the apartment.  That saves time and money.  I don't have to put all of my dirty clothes in a laundry bag and carry it on my shoulder (I have never owned a car) to a laundromat.  I don't have to sit there at the laundromat for hours.  I don't have to wash my clothes in front of other people. I don't have to pay $10 or $20 a week to do my laundry.  I don't have to buy as many clothes because I can wash them in my own home.  

-There's a grocery store that's walking distance from the apartment building.  Do the rich people who watch me in my house and act like I deserve what's happening to me shop for their own food?  What do you think it's like to try to walk with groceries for a mile, particularly if they're heavy or you bought things that need to be refrigerated?  How would you feel about trying to take a bus or the subway with a few bags of groceries?  Would you want to have to do that every week or every few weeks?  

-The building is walking distance from public transportation.

These are things that anyone can understand:

-The building and the neighborhood are quiet; that doesn't happen a lot in a city.

-The building is safe; it's difficult for someone who isn't a tenant to access the building.  My apartment is also not on the first or second floor, which is additional security.  

-Almost all of the tenants whom I have met are nice, although I have felt that I can't be friends with them because the conglomerate hacks my phone and email and there are cameras in my apartment.  


Copyright L. Kochman, April 30, 2017 @ 3:10 p.m./No code, all policies operative, all the time.  I'll publish my preliminary page and similar pages again.