Sunday, April 30, 2017

It is difficult for me to think the worst of people.

May 1, 2017


I will probably think that someone will tell the property management's lawyers that the voyeurism isn't a false accusation.  I probably won't stop thinking that until the day that I have to move to a shelter.  

There is a sad peace in knowing that everyone who hates you is wrong.  I am someone who spoke, consistently if imperfectly, against the crowd, for people whom I knew needed to be defended, and the crowd has hated me ever since.  Even so, I would not hesitate to help anyone from that crowd if he or she were in the situation that I'm in, which is an inhumane situation.  I am not vindictive.  I am not capable of doing what's being done to me, to harm someone day after day and laugh about it, to read and hear him or her begging for help and kick the person in the face.  To be able to give help that costs nothing and to viciously refuse, week after week and month after month, while treating the person as if he or she is evil; I couldn't do that.  



Copyright L. Kochman, May 1, 2017 @ 1:44 a.m.