Sunday, April 30, 2017

Thoughts about the border wall, from the midst of my emotional distress about my life

May 1, 2017

I'm not sure that the wall is wrong.  If it could be dropped on the border for free by friendly aliens (no pun intended; should I say extraterrestrials?), it would probably stop most illegal immigration and a lot of other problems.  

I am sure that the United States and Canada should financially and politically engage with and invest in Latin America to stabilize this side of the world.  We should have done that years ago; that we didn't is a tragedy of racism and greed, and it's our fault.  

I am sure that the wall is expensive and controversial, that Mexico would resent having to pay for it, and that it will be a source of contention for years.  

I have a question about the wall; will eliminating the ability of people to leave intolerable conditions by illegally immigrating help to motivate the governments of those countries to improve conditions, or will the tensions explode, causing crises about which the United States will have to decide whether or not to militarily intervene?

I am more depressed about my life every day that homelessness approaches.  I don't know what I'll be like for the next few weeks.  It is horribly demoralizing to have proof of the hatefulness toward me that even as of this year, I didn't know was so vindictive.  It is difficult to know what to think of human beings.


Copyright L. Kochman, May 1, 2017 @ 2:53 a.m.