Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I'll be homeless in a month, because I told my landlord to get the hidden and illegal cameras out of my apartment.

January 24, 2017



The property management's lawyer has written a lease agreement for me to sign that guarantees that I'll be homeless at the end of February.  The potential extensions of my being able to live in the apartment until I can get another apartment are contingent on my providing proof of my "diligent efforts" to get another place to live.  Since I don't have any money at all, my asking other landlords if I can have an apartment is another exercise in futility, and the lawyer knows it because I have told him that I have NO MONEY AT ALL.  I don't have the money for a security deposit.  I don't have the money to pay movers.  I don't have the money for train tickets for the rest of this month and I'll spend the last week of the month walking 2.5 miles to school and home at night.  I don't have enough money to buy food for the rest of the month.  I don't have $10.

Copyright L. Kochman, January 24, 2017 @ 4:14 p.m.