Monday, December 28, 2015

China is financially engaging Central and South America.

December 28, 2015


That means that China is also quickly gaining political influence there.

I think that an exclusionary message from the United States to Central and South America, a message both verbally delivered by Mr. Trump and physically envisioned by him as a wall, is the sort of thing that will increase China's influence on this continent.  Is Mr. Trump saying that he's afraid of China, that he thinks a battle between the United States and China for influence in Central and South America has already been fought and won by China?  Even if that's what he's thinking, I don't think that a wall will help much.  Money gets through almost anything.

"Stop sending us your garbage people" is not a nice thing to say.  That's a paraphrase of Mr. Trump's attitude, but not by a lot; it's almost a direct quote.  He underrates diplomacy and that is dangerous.  

This page is a theory.  I am positing it as a possible perspective.  I'm not wrong, am I?

The Great Wall of Letting China Have Central and South America.  I don't think it's a good idea.



Copyright L. Kochman, December 28, 2015 @ 4:53 p.m.