Monday, December 28, 2015

The stigma of mental illness

December 28, 2015 




That's a picture from today of messages that someone sent to my current YouTube blog, "Please don't kill me."

I don't need anyone to prove to the percentage of the public that has heard of me and thinks that I'm delusional that I'm not delusional.  I just want the conglomerate to stop abusing me and to stop abusing human rights.

I also hope that my publishing messages that show the discriminatory attitudes about mental illness that are socially accepted by a lot of society helps to create awareness about what happens to people who are ever diagnosed with mental illness.  "I think you are mentally ill and I am not afraid of being criticized for ridiculing you" is a paraphrase of the attitude that many people who have written messages to my blogs have displayed.  Some people have published their own blogs for the purpose of calling me mentally ill and ridiculing me for it.

It is an extreme example of what happens to people every day, all their lives, because of psychiatric stigma.  



Copyright, with noted exceptions, L. Kochman, December 28, 2015 @ 8:07 a.m.