Monday, December 28, 2015

Jeb Bush ought to be the Republican candidate for President.

December 28, 2015


He has a lot of political experience.  The United States and the world are out of time for crisis management; the next President has to be someone who has a lot of political experience.

He also has a lot of experience with immigration from Central and South America; he wrote a book about it.  His campaign website has a clearly outlined plan for dealing with immigration and illegal residents.  Do I agree with all of it?  Probably not; my shoulders hunched when I read the words "biometric exit system."  However, I have lived all of my life in the Northeast of the United States and have never even traveled through states where the effect of foreign drug cartels is palpable and imminently dangerous.

He has a record of appointing women and supporting women's goals for their careers and their families.

I'm not saying that I want him to be elected President.  I am a Democrat and I want a Democrat to be President.  However, he is obviously the most qualified of the Republican candidates.

I would appreciate it if the people who manage his campaign and social media would stop referencing me.  I AM NOT TRYING TO BE FAMOUS.



Copyright L. Kochman, December 28, 2015 @ 2:58 p.m.